Laptop Battery may be completely dead if you do like this...

Problem: One day I had to run for an appointment and I quickly closed my laptop lid while it was trying to hibernate. The next day I found the battery was dead and I had to replace the whole battery.

Solution: Never do that. Wait till the laptop is completely shutdown. You would ask may I press the power button down to perform a dirty shutdown. But be informed, if you do so, laptop may not boot and might give booting problems later.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that! I do this all the time and never had any Problems. I guess your laptop battery was already dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that too, till mine died. It was not a dead battery. Used last 3-4 Hrs once fully charged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple tip that some users neglect. Perhaps by simply restarting your laptop you might find out that there is no serious problem or need not replace anything at all.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment